Evernight by Claudia Grey
Sunday 3 July 2011



Evernight by Claudia Grey


Publisher : Harperteen
Pages : 327
Genre : Young Adult
Type : Paperback
Cover : UK Cover
Got : Bought

Rating : B









About

She's been uprooted from her small hometown and enrolled at Evernight Academy, an eerie Gothic boarding school where the students are somehow too perfect: smart, sleek, and almost predatory. Bianca knows she doesn't fit in. Then she meets Lucas. He's not the "Evernight type" either, and he likes it that way. Lucas ignores the rules, stands up to the snobs, and warns Bianca to be careful—even when it comes to caring about him. 



Review 

Bianca seems to be your typical YA fantasy main character. Being forced into a new school, one that seems to have secrets, something not right about it. She meets Lucas, who seems to be hiding things, there's something about him that pulls her in. I really liked this book but there was a part where i felt confusion. This part had me checking i hadn't skipped a chapter. I was sure i had because it didn't make sense. I think it could have been worked differently and written to not have the reader thinking wtf. However, if you push it aside, it's an interesting book, i couldn't stop reading. The descriptions were good and i liked the setting, the academy. I liked how the romance grew between the characters and although i liked the main characters, i really liked the side characters. I think they were structured well, giving them the strength to be right in with the story. I find some side characters in books don't have that lasting effect, easy to focus on the main characters. Baltazar and Vic were those characters. I want to learn more about them and want to see how they fit into the rest of the series. So, although there was a slip up, i really enjoyed this book and want to continue with the series. 

Labels: , , ,


Blogger Sherry Soule said on 27 July 2011 at 21:38  

Thanks for the thoughtful and well-written review. I have this book on my bookshelf, but I haven't read it yet. Now I think I will. :-)

~Sherry

Sherry Soule Official Website

Author of the Spellbound Series


Blogger himesugar said on 2 August 2011 at 07:30  

Thank you : )

Post a Comment
older postsnewer posts
Hime Sugar

This is Hime Sugar, a books blog. I am Nicola, a female from the UK. This is where i will post reviews along with other book type things. There will be some personal posts also. どもありがとうございます

♥Goodreads♥

Review Policy
I will be happy to review your books. I usually read Young Adult fiction, preferably of the fantasy or romance genre. Perhaps historical and humor also. However i am open to Adult fiction of the fantasy genre. I accept ARC's and finished copies along with self published books. I don't accept e-books or pdfs. Any questions just email me at
Here


Home
Reviews
Author Interviews
Cheap Books


Photobucket
I am Nicola, a female from the UK who is a graphic design student. I have interests such as Japan, photography,graphic design, visual kei, jrock, jpop, shibuya kei, kpop, fashion, reading, anime, manga.
♥Goodreads♥


Currently Reading

5495243

Ratings

♥ - Couldn't finish it
♥♥ - It was alright
♥♥♥ - I liked it
♥♥♥♥ - I really enjoyed it
♥♥♥♥♥ - It was brilliant


Followers


Follow Hime Sugar
Reads
Reads